A breast cancer survivor shares her experiences with the BRCA gene.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Gift to Myself

What does a girl do when she's facing a potential crisis involving a dubious spot on her MRI? She gets a face lift.

You heard me. A face lift. But not the kind involving a scalpel...I've played with way too many knives this year. I'm talking about a non-surgical face lift. Yes, there is such a thing.

This procedure uses micro-current technology, which stimulates & energizes cells in your muscles. A "wand" is traced over your face at varying levels of electricity to strengthen and tighten your muscles, giving you a natural lift.

In case you think this is some witch doctor sort of thing, you should know that this technology has been used for years among physical therapists.

Of course, I only trust my friend, Chrissy, owner of About Face Skin Care (www.aboutfaceskin.com), to conduct this procedure since she's a former plastics nurse. Now, she runs a successful skin care business in which the products and services are only available through medical personnel.

It takes a dozen times for you to reap the full benefits of this technology, and I'm not quite half-way. However, I'm already seeing an improvement in my reflection. I figure, if my attitude doesn't improve while I wait for the next MRI, at least my appearance will.

No comments: