A breast cancer survivor shares her experiences with the BRCA gene.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Minor Setback

It had to happen. I was on the track toward healing when my incision tore. Yikes. Okay, so I admit I might have been overdoing it. After all, they don't want you sitting around all day because of blood clots...so what's a girl supposed to do, I ask?

But there's nothing like a hole in your abdomen to get your attention. You'd think I would have learned after my previous scare when I thought I'd caused a hernia the day after I came home from the hospital. But noooooo. Type A's don't easily grasp the concept of "slowing down to let your body heal"

It typically takes a set-back, like hernias and ripped incisions to make us take a situation seriously.

Although it may not be obvious, the body is wounded internally after such intense surgery and rearranging and requires rest and tender care.

Now if only I could remember that...

No comments: